Just wanted to stop by and give you some further details about a specific product that you may want to consider. American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato dog food has become a favorite for many pet owners and continues to grow in popularity. What makes this product unique or different from the other recipes on the product? Let’s take a look at some of the details below:
American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Grain-Free Dry Dog Food … What Is It?
This specific recipe offers a number of benefits that has increased in popularity with dog owners who are looking to find a quality diet for their canine. Let’s take a look at a few of these benefits below:
- Grain-free recipe and also excludes wheat, soy and corn from this formula
- Great choice for dogs with food sensitivities
- Recipe contains a nutritious source of fruits and vegetables including blueberries, carrots, kelp which helps to support the immune system
- The deboned salmon provides a great source of protein, full of amino acids to help maintain lean muscle mass
- Salmon oil and flaxseed provide omega-3 and 6 fatty acids
- Includes fiber-rich chickpeas and sweet potatoes for energy
Which Ingredients Are Included In The American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe?
If you are like me, I use to pay little attention to the ingredient labels on the back of the dry food bags. Over the years, I realized that doing this was unfair to my dog(s) as they weren’t always receiving a healthy diet. Big Mistake! To help you, I have listed the ingredients for this particular recipe. Here are the American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato ingredients.
Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas, Pea Protein, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Menhaden Fish Meal, Blueberries, Carrots, Salt, Salmon Oil, Dried Kelp, Fructooligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Selenite, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.
Take a quick look at the first three ingredients: (Deboned Salmon, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal). These ingredients provide an excellent source of healthy protein that essential to the overall health of your pet. Combined with fruits and vegetables, the recipe offers a quality, nutritional diet.
Some Quick Facts Regarding American Journey Dry Dog Food
- Has There Ever Been A Recall? No.
- Where Is It Manufactured? The USA, in the state of Kansas.
- Where do the ingredients come from? The United States and reputable suppliers worldwide.
- Can you feed this formula to your puppy? Yes, the recipe is formulated for all life stages but it is recommended that you use the puppy formula for your little guy.
- Dog Food Advisor, a reputable source of reviews regarding dog food products, gave American Journey Lamb & Sweet Potato a 5 out of 5 stars.
- Is this product AAFCO approved? Yes, it supplies a well-balanced and nutritious diet for dogs of all life stages
What Sizes Does The American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Come In?
This specific dry formula is available in the three sizes listed below. Here you go:
4 Pound Bag: Click Here For Price
12 Pound Bag: Click Here For Price
24 Pound Bag: Click Here For Price
American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry (Pros)
- Great source of meat which provides a healthy source of protein
- Natural, healthy ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Available for all life cycles (Pup to Senior)
- Great choice for dogs with food sensitivities
- Provides omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, including long-chain DHA, which helps support your dog’s skin and coat health and brain and eye development
- No recalls
- Recipe contains a healthy source of fruits and vegetables
- High standards of quality testing
American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry (Cons)
- A bit pricey
- May not be found in your local pet store
- Some ‘picky’ dogs do not like the taste
My Final Thoughts
Well, what do you think of the American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato recipe? After extensive research in creating this article, I feel quite confident in recommending this product to dog owners. As a ‘natural’ dog food, this brand produces their recipes with all the ingredients that are both healthy and nutritious.
Furthermore, the company seems to put great emphasis on the testing of its products which should give pet owners some sense of confidence when considering this brand. If salmon may not be choice of your four-legged companion, there are other meat choices that are available in the American Journey recipes.
Finally, this specific brand continues to grow in popularity as dog owners have become more and more aware of what they are now feeding their pets. As a dog lover, and dog food enthusiast, this is something that brings a smile on my face!
For those unfamiliar with dog food grain-free recipes, there has and is a controversy taking place as I write this article. The FDA has made public that it has launched an investigation between a possible connection between the grain-free diet and heart disease within dogs. For further information, the American Kennel Club has provided further details. Click here.